Author Topic: Hipath 3008 - ISDN NETMOD Config  (Read 10177 times)

Offline octavian2l

• View Profile
Hipath 3008 - ISDN NETMOD Config
« on: July 20, 2013, 06:27:53 pm »
Hello

I have 3 devices like: http://www.openvox.cn/bbs/attachments/month_1005/20100508_46e506ce9ef3d9f303f6ZFr3HWrhIot1.jpg , called Intracom NETMOD.
From our telephony provider I have 3 ISDN BRA , 2 with head number and MSN and 1 just with head number. I talked with provider and they say:  "we have made permanent modification on LAY1HOLD parameter on our device". I have sound tone with the ports AB1 and AB2, but no sound with S0 port. The S0 port it's connected via RJ45 cable in STMD3 port.

Please help me to undersand how to check if the lines are in HIPATH3800 and how to setup hipath to split the head number and msn number to ports (internal analogic or digital).

Thanks.

Offline Kimera

• Global Moderator
  • Kimera (Ars Gratia Artis)
    • View Profile
    • SIEMENS Enterprise Wiki
Re: Hipath 3008 - ISDN NETMOD Config
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 07:08:34 am »
Where the HiPath 3800 was installed (Country)?

Have you read the HiPath 3000 V9 Service Manual? there you will find all the information about STMD3 cabling/wiring to ISDN (BRA) access Network Terminator.

Which type of S0 your provider is giving you (Euro-ISDN, as example)?

Best regards,
Kimera.
(Ethical) Hackers are not just skilled, they are lucky people and they are persistent people. It's a combination of all three.
"Die Lösung ist immer einfach, man muss sie nur finden" Alexander Solschenizyn

I'm all for being a Partner, and a Professional. But if you want me to sell your products...you need to scratch my back a little too.

Offline octavian2l

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:39:27 am »
Hipath 3800 it is installed in Romania. I think it is Euro ISDN, i don't know.

I will read in manual , i just opened an made a fast search. STMD3 has in back that kind of connector  (8 plugs) as RJ45, it is not connected via patch panel. 

I don't know how to check if S0 it works.

Thanks

Offline Alessandro - Telcom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 02:55:25 pm »
Maybe te first test that you have to do is connect an isdn phone to the 3 ISDN BRA. If you have rj45 connectors on the back of Hipath3000 the cabling is simply as lan cable, not crossed. You have to cross 1-2,4-5 only if you connect as Bus S0.
...Un vero guerriero della luce non sa di essere un guerriero della luce...

Offline octavian2l

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 11:38:51 pm »
hello

Alessandro  it is right, let me explain:

• ISDN  backpack connector 8 with RJ45 was not connected in the right Hipath Expansion Box Slot, it should be conected in 4 but it was conected in 5.
  • Backpack conector was the version for Internal digital telephones. For ISDN need to be crossed
  • ISDN line must be defined as S0 Euro CO PMP. See attach where you find this option
  • I had also ISDN 2 GSM Device by Topex. (ISDN Bri Gateway). On this device the PORT TE must be conected with STMD3 via crossover ISDN cable, and SYNC PORT (clock signal synchronization port) must be conected in ISDN device. Manual it is here: http://www.topex.ro/en/get_file?idFile=3112

I  have an Siemens Optipoint 500 Advance  for Reception and phone extension does not work. In Hipath Manager I can program numbers. It is connected to 500 Advanced via cable on the correct port. I need to make something special for extension to function?

Offline Alessandro - Telcom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 06:31:21 am »
Sorry but...can u explain me why in your pic there's a diut2 as co PMP???
Hipath3K is a very simple pbx. You only need to connect the cable and optipoint must work. Is it connected to slmo2 board, right? You don't need special configuration. Just plug it
...Un vero guerriero della luce non sa di essere un guerriero della luce...

Offline Kimera

• Global Moderator
  • Kimera (Ars Gratia Artis)
    • View Profile
    • SIEMENS Enterprise Wiki
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 07:23:58 am »
Yes...the DIUT2 is the S2 (ISDN Primary Rate Access PRA) Module used to connect with an S2M ISDN PRA (Primary Rate Module, 30 B Channels + 2 D Signalling Channels) and not for S0 ISDN BRA (Basic Rate Access, 2 B Channels + 1 D Signalling Channel) provided by STMD3.

You can't connect a ISDN BRA to the DIUT2 Module's interfaces (and vice-versa).

Did you have two Trunks Boards?
Did you have a DIUT2 Module (2 ports 15 pin Sub-D jacks) and an STMD3 Module (8 ports RJ45) both installed inside the same HiPath 3800?

Basically this is not so strange (it depends on your PSTN requirements, BRA/PRA) but  you should then pay attention: S2M ISDN PRA  is definitely NOT S0 ISDN BRA...yet at first sighy they have very different ISDN Network Terminators.

Regarding the optiPoint 500 Advance (The UP0/E interface needs only a very normal telephone cable with two wires connected centrally on a RJ11 connector): you need to connect the optiPoint 500 Advance to the first (for enabling Management from the phone, if you want) port of an SLMO8 Module (the one with 8 UP0/E interfaces) or SLMO2 Module (the one with 24 UP0/E interfaces) via RJ45 Jacks.

The phone will then power up automatically (it will show you the Extension Number you programmed for it or the default one based on the system port you connected it) and you should see it through the HiPath 3000/5000 Manager E (once you read the KDS).

Best regards, Kimera.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:00:09 am by Kimera »
(Ethical) Hackers are not just skilled, they are lucky people and they are persistent people. It's a combination of all three.
"Die Lösung ist immer einfach, man muss sie nur finden" Alexander Solschenizyn

I'm all for being a Partner, and a Professional. But if you want me to sell your products...you need to scratch my back a little too.