Author Topic: The first installation OpenScape Voice  (Read 17756 times)

Offline link

• View Profile
The first installation OpenScape Voice
« on: October 13, 2013, 06:19:17 pm »
Hello guys!

I'm new in Siemens OpenScape Voice System. I have already read some documentation and I'm going to try to install, but I have one main question.

1. As I have read "Integtated Simplex" can only install on physical server or can I try to install on ESXi server?

Thanks for answer!!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:19:36 am by link »

Offline Alessandro - Telcom

• View Profile
Re: The first installation OpenScape Voice
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 07:11:41 am »
OSV what? Version 7? Also on ESXi as integrated duplex.

Taken from OSV V7 installation manual issue 25:

As of V7, virtualization is supported for simplex and standard duplex (co-located
and geographically separated) configurations.
...Un vero guerriero della luce non sa di essere un guerriero della luce...

Offline link

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 08:12:53 am »
OSV Version is 7

Offline Kimera

• Global Moderator
  • Kimera (Ars Gratia Artis)
    • View Profile
    • SIEMENS Enterprise Wiki
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 11:26:03 am »
As I have read "Integtated Simple" can only install on physical server or can I try to install on ESXi server?

Your OpenScape Voice V7 can be installed in a virtualized environment, here some notes (for references see below):

• Supports OSV images in a Storage Area referred to as a “datastore”.
  • Is HW independent.
  • Has no maintenance controller interfaces (RSA, IMM, iRMC, VMK).
  • Does not support HW Alarming.
  • Currently supports and requires a fixed number of 4 (virtual) Ethernet ports for all configurations (including simplex virtual machines).
  • Supports simplex OSV configurations. (See Note 1 below)
  • Supports 2 node clustering in co-location and network geographical separation. The co-located OSV can be deployed on 1 (both nodes on same physical host) or 2 hosts. A geo-separated OSV should be deployed on 2 hosts.
  • The OSV virtual Machine can use internal or SAN storage.
  • OSV is compatible with VMware ESXi V5.0 and all hardware used should be on the VMware compatibility list for ESXi V5.0.
  • Virtual machine disk size of at least 140 GB.
  • OSV redundancy depends on Survival Authority. Without Survival Authority a single node failure or interconnection failure may bring down the whole cluster. This is a valid for all co-located and geo-separated configurations.
  • OSV StandAlone Service is only allowed for a L3-geo-separated configuration (i.e., a configuration that does not provide a virtual IP failover).

Reference: have a look at "OpenScape Voice V7 Service Manual: Installation and Upgrades - Installation Guide" (A31003-H8070-J100-25-7631 of August, 2013).

Note 1:
Despite in the very first "OpenScape Solution Set V7 Virtual Machine Resourcing and Configuration Guide - Service Documentation" (A31003-S1100-S100-01-7620 released during October, 2012)  there was a statement about OSV V7 Simplex/Entry option and its operation into a Virtualized Environment, a statement which denied the support for such type of deployment (the text was simply "The simplex / entry option is not available for virtual environment." see it on Page 29, Section 5 "Virtualization Dimensioning Details") then, in a more recent version of the same service document (A31003-S1100-S100-08-7620 recently updated on September, 2013), you will discover that Siemens removed that specific restriction.

Here the reference (Pages: 71 through 75):

"As of V7 R1, virtualization is supported for Integrated Simplex (currently under test: check with Product Management for availability) simplex and standard duplex (co-located and geographically separated) configurations. Supports 2 node clustering in co-location and network geographical separation. The co-located OSV can be deployed on 1 (both nodes on same physical host) or 2 hosts. A geo-separated OSV should be deployed on 2 hosts."

Regards, Kimera.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 07:29:22 am by Kimera »
(Ethical) Hackers are not just skilled, they are lucky people and they are persistent people. It's a combination of all three.
"Die Lösung ist immer einfach, man muss sie nur finden" Alexander Solschenizyn

I'm all for being a Partner, and a Professional. But if you want me to sell your products...you need to scratch my back a little too.

Offline link

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 11:26:53 am »
4 (virtual) Ethernet ports
I need four (virtual) NIC's for Entry or Simplex installation?

And, can I use higher ESXi version like 5.5, or not? 

Offline Kimera

• Global Moderator
  • Kimera (Ars Gratia Artis)
    • View Profile
    • SIEMENS Enterprise Wiki
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 01:36:43 pm »
Aren't these questions typical of a (above average) user who easily cares only to be spoon fed by others while playing with complex systems?

More than one Ethernet physical interface (bonded or not-bonded) is (or could be) used in order to manage respectively Administration, Signalling, Billing and CDR and iRMC...eventually you will find information on "Flexible Ethernet circuit and IP Address Configuration Examples" chapter of "OpenScape Voice V7 Service Manual: Installation and Upgrades" service manual (and this is just an example).

Regarding VMware ESXi 5...AFAIK (and I may be wrong) VMware OSV support was declared up to VMware ESXi 5.1 (In a quite recent OSV document) but I should go deep to find if Siemens references about VMware ESXi 5.5 are eventually available: considering the VMware ESXi 5.x release history (see it here...please note that latest VMware ESXi 5.1 branch was released in July, 2013) and knowing how slow can be Siemens in adopting latest software release of 3rd Party Components (see what happened with SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 64 bit and OpenScape Office HX/LX) I can argue that (I may be wrong once again) ESXi 5.5 is not yet supported (It may works but Siemens may claim it will not give support if an issue will reported in the case OSV is deployed with ESXi 5.5).

OSV is definitely not a toy (neither when you consider an OSV deployment on a physical machine nor when you will deploy it on a virtual machine to test its features in a pre production environment) and, generally, all users that could really help you here will presume that a minimum basic knowledge (made at least by reading relevant Service Documentations before any installation attempts...and you have a plenty of documentation to start with) is required (if not mandatory) and highly desired.

Best regards, Kimera.

P.S.
To be clear: I'm not an Expert on OSV.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:05:11 am by Kimera »
(Ethical) Hackers are not just skilled, they are lucky people and they are persistent people. It's a combination of all three.
"Die Lösung ist immer einfach, man muss sie nur finden" Alexander Solschenizyn

I'm all for being a Partner, and a Professional. But if you want me to sell your products...you need to scratch my back a little too.

Offline link

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 06:37:34 pm »
Hi!

I have already installed OpenScape Voice V7. But I don't have licence, and I don't worry about it. I have a grace period.
As I have installed OpenScape Voice Simplex.

I can't register SIP Soft Client and Hard Phone (. I not well understand right way for configuring OSV but I really want to undestand.

Can anyone suggest me or help?   

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 07:45:18 pm »
So, if you ask for subscriber configuration...I think that you've just configured Office code, home dn, Business group, feature profiles, numbering plan and digest authentication (for example)...
How do you have create the subscriber? What type of connection? TCP or UDP? Settings in Security tab?
Have you traced with wireshark?

(and what type of sip client and hardware?)

Offline link

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 08:01:38 am »
Hello!

Yes, I've already configured office code, home dn, business group, feature profiles, numbering plan and digest authentication.
Yes, I created subscriber and activate in Digest Authentication.
In Subscriber Security tab I put username, password and confirm password. I chose UDP protocol and Connection Information - SIP.

I have tried to connect SIP client like X-lite, Bria. About hadr phones it's OpenStage 40 and OptiPoint 410. 

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 11:51:42 am »
Can you post configuration of Openstage 40? In System->Registration->Sip addresses and sip sessions what do u set?
In sip interface the transport is udp?
Do u setup also realm?

Offline link

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 02:53:51 pm »
Transport UDP!
No I don't use Realm!

My Country Code - 38
Area Code - 044
Local Code - 490
DN - 100-199

Settings in Sip Client If I remembered:
Display Name - 38044490101
User Name - 38044490101
Password - empty
Autorization User - 38044490101
Server - OSV SIP IP

Offline link

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 08:24:05 am »
:). I have already done SIP registration from my subscribers.

And now I want to understand OSV more. For this, is some additional manual like admin from configuration?

Offline link

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 02:23:27 pm »
Hello!

I  have already configured calls between endpoints. And it works correctly. Now I want to setup UC subscribers and see how it works with OSV.

When I created new UC subscriber and log on via OpenScape Web client further I can't make anything.

In symphonia.log I see some messages:
" WARN  [com.siemens.symphonia.bcom.addressmanager.impl.AddressManagerImpl] [connector-js-soc_PPool_57] +++ WARNING +++ No user found for userId (may have been deleted before) test@system "
where "test@system" is Login Name.

Which userId do need for OpenScapeUC? where did I go wrong?