HiPath / HiCom > HiPath - Phones - (optiSet, optiClient, optiPoint, openStage)

OpenStage phones using 802.1X certificates and DLS

<< < (2/2)

Kimera:

--- Quote from: daynomate on November 22, 2013, 12:34:03 am ---Thanks again! I'll shoot you a PM as those updated manuals would be awesome.
--- End quote ---

I saw.

--- Quote from: daynomate on November 22, 2013, 12:34:03 am ---Re: licensing - I read it as though that is only required if using an Internal PKI on DLS, is that correct?
--- End quote ---

It seems so (although it's not so clearly stated...the manual doesn't say specifically "...when using - internal DLS (I will add) - PKI service..." so a doubt remains but, after all, it seems that Licensing could be mandatory when you're going to use the DLS itself as a provider of Certificates through its internal - here, again - PKI features).

--- Quote from: daynomate on November 22, 2013, 12:34:03 am ---If we only use the last method of getting an external CA to fully manage all the certificates is that Mobility PKI license still required?
--- End quote ---

See above.

daynomate:
Hi, thanks again for that documentation. We are finally trying to do this but I seem to have come stuck :/ In DLS the Administration -> PKI option is a solid circle instead of a folder that can be expanded.

I assumed from what the documentation said that there was no installation of the connector or plugin required. Is that correct?

daynomate:

--- Quote from: daynomate on March 11, 2014, 05:14:51 am ---Hi, thanks again for that documentation. We are finally trying to do this but I seem to have come stuck :/ In DLS the Administration -> PKI option is a solid circle instead of a folder that can be expanded.

I assumed from what the documentation said that there was no installation of the connector or plugin required. Is that correct?

--- End quote ---

Oops - we worked out the problem - it was the DLS user permissions. When logging into DLS as Administrator it appears fine.

Now the next issue is licensing. I am now totally confused - from the doco I read we would not need additional licensing to use the PKI Connector, however from what I can read we do need to use the MSCA Plugin and that requires PKI licensing.

The reason for the confusion is that I thought licensinging was required if we were using PKI to secure the phone -> DLS communication, and not for phone -> 802.1X CA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version